Friday, March 30, 2012

Can you tell me if this was a popular designer in the 1920's to 1940's?

And old friend of mine (literally, around 90 now) gave me several items a few years ago. Because she used to be a model in the 1920's through the 1940's, (and was one of higher stature), she has a fabulous taste in fashion. I received several pieces straight from those periods--a dress, a pin, and a fancy dress coat, to name a few. The fancy dress coat is red and is covered in a cable knit with Angora Rabbit Hair overlaying that--very soft and luxurious! The designer label says, "gh鑼卨ton" "New York * Paris * Tokyo".



Does anyone know when this garment would have been made and if the designer was a popular one?



(Not that it matters if it was a high label- I'm going to wear it with a black dress to a wedding coming up no matter what!) :)



Can you tell me if this was a popular designer in the 1920's to 1940's?

I am guessing the early 1900's but I googled it and nothing spectacular came up so it must be a really old piece you are lucky too have it though! SORRY THIS ISNT MUCH HELP! HAPPY HOLIDAYS=)

No comments:

Post a Comment