Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Why do they eat him in Perfume: A Story of a Murderer?

I love the book and the movie of Perfume: A Story of a Murderer, but i still just cant figure out why they eat him. I know that he was never loved and the perfume is supposed to "create" love or the feelings of love...so when he pours it on himself the crowd just overpowers him and hugs and kisses him...untill they start eating him.



Now I know the ending narration where he says they did it out of love...but they ate him out of love? I also read that they wanted to have a piece of him....so they ate him...really counldnt they have just took some clothes or a lock of hair?..i do understand the concept and the point, its an amazing story and i love it dearly, but "they ate him out of love"...i just can't wrap my head around why they had to eat him comfortably. Does anyone, who has read the book, have any opinons or answers other than the ones on review sites %26amp; summaries that are all variations of "they did it out of love", because I already know that and have read it many other place



Why do they eat him in Perfume: A Story of a Murderer?

Personally, I think they were in love with the perfume and couldn't help themselves. It wasn't literally love for HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment