Monday, May 7, 2012

I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

I'm getting married June 13th, so far i have the following done



1.ceremony and reception site (cliff and old lodge by the cliff)



2.wedding night hotel (cabin about a mile from the lodge)



3.flowers(my mother used to be a florist, but i don't have the flowers ordered yet)



4.food (friend manages a restaurant, and wants to start a catering business, so she's doing for just the cost of food)



5.photographer (art major friend of mine)



6.videographer (friend that owns a video/photography business)



7.bridesmaids dresses (got them for $15 a piece!-they had broken zippers)



i don't have:



dress



cake



chairs, tables and rental decorations



officiant (sp?)



save-the-date cards



invitations



how i want the reception or ceremony decorated



hair/makeup booked



guest list finalized



i think that's it. did i forget anything? my fiance and i are just so busy that we can never find time to go and book things, and my mom live 2 hours away. i feel like i'm doing everything by myself.



I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

sFirst...blink and take a breath. NOW, some of these things can be done "long distance'. Send an SOS to your ( and his) mom for help. His mom may jump at the chance to help-especially if she has no daughters to look forward to helping. Congrats...it will all work out for you.



I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

Well the first thing that I would do is start shopping for your wedding gown. Most gowns take 4-6 months to order...



If you can afford it, hire a wedding coordinator. They help to take a lot of the stress off of you.



Your mom might live two hours away, but I am sure she can help by picking up the phone and calling around some places for you. You can also ask your bridesmaids to help you out with some of the details.



I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

RELAX- it's your wedding!!! Things can get overwhelming- I planned my own wedding last July. Everything will be perfect as long as you have someone helping you- even just over seeing that you remember everything. The wedding itself will go by so fast and it's going to be the best day of your life!!! Set some goals- follow up a couple of months before hand! Good luck!



I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

Ok, don't panic!



Talk to your bloke



Make a list of everything and tick off all you have done, that way you can see how much you have done already



Ask your mum to come visit and to help



But mostly don't panic - you have ages!



I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

Well, I think its normal for you to feel overwhelmed because the date is sneeking up on you . . . . . . . . .



the save-the-date cards should already have been sent out: usually 1 yr in advance. You can send them out NOW and they may serve their purpose, although you don't have the guest list finalized.



the invitations are usually sent out 6-8 weeks in advance



and do you have music?? a DJ???



Its too bad you don't have a friend in the "wedding planner" business . . . . . . . I would try to recruit some help, maybe your bridal party?? Matron of Honor????



Good Luck!



I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

Dont worry. It sounds like you have a good amount done so far. The next thing I woudl do is get your dress...as some take a while to order. I bought mine in July and I'm still waiting on it!



Save the dates should go out soon, but those are pretty easy...of course you need to finish your guest list first(the biggest pain in the butt!)



I think everything else you have some time on. I'd look into rentals and the cake soon and I guess it depends on your hairdresser/makeup and how quickly they get booked up.



Don't worry though you're not as behind as you think! it will all work out great! Congrats!



I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

i would definitely get on the dress thing!



I feel like i'm so behind. I'm overwhelmed. HELP!?

Well I can tell you I'm also planning for June and you're WAY ahead of me. And I'm wondering now if I should be panicking LOL!



I relate to you though, my mom's all the way across the country and none of my gf's are married so they don't know either. Ugh! Only person I can ask is pregnant and already has 2 small ones to look after. I don't want to burden her.



So hopefully knowing that you are WAAAAY ahead of some of the other June brides out there will help you.



We have a tenative date... no venue... tentative guestlist only, ummm... tentative budget... basically it's still up in the air. I'm starting to wonder if it's not better to elope!

No comments:

Post a Comment