Monday, May 7, 2012

Strange Bug...Please Help?

I just went into my bathroom and noticed something curled up on the floor with a light brown top the color of like burnt toast. I honestly thought it was a piece of food so I went to get a paper towel to clean it up with, and when I came back it was stretched out...like a worm or caterpillar. It had 2 little things of hair-like antennas in the front I went to go get my husband, and it was completely gone! I know I didn't imagine it.



The bathroom is tile...it was under a towel that was wet from being stepped on after showers. It is cleaned with bleach regularly. My house is average clean with the only exception being a broken washer that my landlord is waiting for a part to fix. There's what in there and some on the floor.



What is this? Where does it come from and why? Does it bite? How do I get rid of it....I don't want to get infested and as of now don't know where it crawled off to.



I live in a basement apt, in the NE, tonight it rained.



Any help is appreciated.



Strange Bug...Please Help?

That sounds like it could be a potato bug,or as we call them over here,roly-poly bugs.I dont believe they are harmful,but if they become a nuissance you can set a saucer of fish oil and they will crawl into it and drown.For some reason they are drawn to the oil.I used to find them in my bathroom all the time when I lived in California,especially after a rain.I hated them!!!Good luck to you:)



Strange Bug...Please Help?

It's hard to know what it was with that description, but it most likely will leave and if you dont see anymore than its ok. If you see more than call an exterminator.



Strange Bug...Please Help?

HOUSE CENTIPEDE! they like moisture and damp areas. google it, and i'm sure you'll find pictures of it.



i hate them! they're the creepiest things i have ever seen. the little F***ers all come inside when it rains.



Strange Bug...Please Help?

Sounds like what you are describing is a "silverfish" or maybe a "firebrat." As far as I know they are harmless and they like moisture. I have seen one in my tub a couple times, I was told it probably come up through the plumbing, though I'm not sure how likely that is. Try looking those names up for pictures and see if thats what it is, though I'm pretty sure it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment