Saturday, May 5, 2012

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?

I just read a short piece about this and I am wondering about the chances of having it. I have 2-3 periods a year, seem to have gained weight even though my diet and activity level has improved, have started growing hair on my stomach and under my chin, broke out incredibly bad and have dark patches of skin in between my breasts and under my arms. I am trying to get pregnant, and now I am a bit worried. I haven't had a check up for almost 2 years, we have very few gynos in this area so finding a new one is trying, but at my last checkup everything was fine. Of course I am not sure if they check for this at every exam. What do you women think?



Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?

Treatment is often quite simple, and not all that expensive. Metformin will help with the insulin resistance, Provera will help stimulate your cycle, and Clomid will induce ovulation. Once you are done trying to conceive, often you will remain on metformin and go on birth control pills. There is an increased risk for diabetes and endometrial cancer with PCOS, so you do need to be treated for it soon.



Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?

I would be going to get a second opinion. I have had PCOS now for the past 25yrs and as a result am unable to have children. You might have it but not as badly as me! Posh Spice has it too and she has 3 kids.



Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?

It certainly sounds as though you may well have it. I would scrape the money and get yourself checked out.



Dont Despair - my daughters friend has POS and she has three children.

No comments:

Post a Comment